tilde.chat is the irc network of the tildeverse, an association of social unix servers built as an intentional community for teaching, learning, and sharing.
tilde.chat is meant to be a space for all tilde members to hang out, share, teach, and learn.
!toot goes here: mastodon
you can connect to irc.tilde.chat on port 6697 with ssl
irc.tilde.chat is a round-robin host that will return any of the available servers
if you're getting a higher ping than you'd like, try one of the geo-round-robins:
na.tilde.chat, eu.tilde.chat, and au.tilde.chat on port 6697 with ssl.
or localhost 6667 from a shell on any of the member tildes :) (port 7766 on ~town)
connect to mumble.tilde.chat on the default port using "tilde.chat" as the password and talk!
might not be anyone there. shout about it on irc first!
- aussies.space (sysadmin: fosslinux, channel: #aussie) aussies.space is a tilde located in australia focused around australian tilde users.
- cosmic.voyage (sysadmin: tomasino, channel: #cosmic) cosmic.voyage is a tilde community based around a collaborative science-fiction universe.
- ctrl-c.club (sysadmin: calamitous, channel: #ctrl-c) Ctrl-C Club is a Linux server offering free SSH and web accounts to users who want to build webpages, chat online, learn Linux, play text console games, or fiddle around writing software.
- envs (sysadmin: creme, channel: #envs) envs.net is a minimalist, non-commercial shared linux system and will always be free to use. - located in germany
- radiofreqs.space (sysadmin: nonlinear, channel: #radiofreqs, #hamradio) RadioFreqs.space is a .space for RadioFreqs to share, learn and make!
- rw.rs (sysadmin: adsr, channel: #rw.rs) An experimental software community with a 199X aesthetic.
- thunix (sysadmins: fosslinux, naglfar, ubergeek, channel: #thunix) thunix offers Shell (SSH) accounts, Web Hosting, Email Accounts, and many other things to people free of charge.
- tilde.black (sysadmin: tomasino, channel: #black) the black hole of the tildeverse
- tilde.club (sysadmins: deepend, benharri, channel: #club) tilde.club is not a social network it is one tiny totally standard unix computer that people respectfully use together in their shared quest to build awesome web pages
- tilde.institute (sysadmins: gbmor / ahriman, kneezle, channel: #institute) Providing a space in the tildeverse for users to learn about the OpenBSD operating system
- tilde.pink (sysadmin: tiwesdaeg, channel: #pink) tilde.pink is a gopher-only tilde running on NetBSD open to everyone
- tilde.team (sysadmins: ben, cmccabe, khuxkm, channel: #team) non-commercial space for teaching, learning, and enjoying the social medium of unix
- tilde.town (sysadmin: vilmibm, channel: #town) intentional digital community for making art, socializing, and learning
- wilde (sysadmin: TechEmporium, channel: #wilde) The world's first (and possibly only) Windows-based tilde!
please see the etiquette guide
chatting/using tilde.chat irc servers implies agreement with the code of conduct. the tilde.town code of conduct applies as well.
if you have anything that needs oper attention, please send a mail to opers at tilde dot chat.
incidents will be handled according to the CoC as well as by admins of your home tilde