tilde.chat is the irc network of the tildeverse, an association of social unix servers built as an intentional community for teaching, learning, and sharing.
tilde.chat is meant to be a space for all tilde members to hang out, share, teach, and learn.
!toot goes here: mastodon
you can connect to irc.tilde.chat on port 6697 with ssl
irc.tilde.chat is a round-robin host that will return any of the available servers
or localhost 6667 from a shell on any of the member tildes :) (port 7766 on ~town)
connect to mumble.tilde.chat on the default port and talk!
might not be anyone there. shout about it on irc first!
- aussies.space (sysadmin: fosslinux, channel: #aussie) aussies.space is a tilde located in australia focused around australian tilde users.
- cosmic.voyage (sysadmin: tomasino, channel: #cosmic) cosmic.voyage is a tilde community based around a collaborative science-fiction universe.
- thunix (sysadmins: amcclure, fosslinux, naglfar, ubergeek, channel: #thunix) thunix offers Shell (SSH) accounts, Web Hosting, Email Accounts, and many other things to people free of charge.
- tilde.center (sysadmin: aewens, channel: #center) tilde.center is a public unix server that is focused around decentralization, federation, and home-brewed open source projects.
- tilde.institute (sysadmins: ahriman, kneezle, channel: #institute) to provide a space in the tildeverse for experimentation with and education of the OpenBSD operating system
- tilde.team (sysadmins: ben, cmccabe, khuxkm, channel: #team) non-commercial space for teaching, learning, and enjoying the social medium of unix
- tilde.town (sysadmin: vilmibm, channel: #town) intentional digital community for making art, socializing, and learning
- yourtilde.com (sysadmin: deepend, channel: #yourtilde) basically a social network inside SSH: there is chat, email, forums, games, and lots more.
please see the etiquette guide
chatting/using tilde.chat irc servers implies agreement with the code of conduct. the tilde.town code of conduct applies as well.
if you have anything that needs oper attention, please send a mail to email@example.com.
incidents will be handled according to the CoC as well as by admins of your home tilde